Nine in ten Americans are now using some form of digital payment for their everyday transactions. In order to keep up with this trend and meet customer expectations, more roofing companies are offering their customers digital payment options in addition to accepting cash and checks.
However, not all contractor payment platforms will meet the needs of your roofing business. From hidden fees to complicated interfaces, there are many pitfalls to avoid when choosing a contractor payment processing service for your business. Finding a reliable, simple payment processor will help you save time, get paid faster, and deliver better customer service.
At AccuLynx, we’ve created our own online payment processing feature, known as AccuPay, to help your roofing business accept digital payments without the hassle. Here’s what sets AccuPay apart from other payment processing services—and how you can use AccuPay to offer more payment options to your customers.
What is AccuPay?
AccuPay is a secure online payment processing tool that is fully integrated into AccuLynx, so you can accept and request payments right from our software. AccuPay allows you to:
- Process credit, debit and e-check payments in person, online, or over the phone
- Send payment request emails with a link to a company-branded online payment page
- Automatically apply a payment to a customer’s job record
- Track payments in AccuLynx and get notified when payments are made
8 reasons why AccuPay is the best contractor payment platform for contractors
There are plenty of contractor payment platforms on the market, but finding the right one for your business can be challenging. Here are 8 ways that AccuPay stands out from other payment processing services:
- It’s simple to use and saves time. Since AccuPay is fully integrated into AccuLynx, you can take advantage of our other time-saving tools, as well as information stored elsewhere in the software, when requesting and accepting payments. For example, you can automatically populate a payment request with customer contact information from the job file, and you can use the electronic signature capabilities in AccuLynx to have customers sign your payment requests from anywhere.
- Transaction fees are lower. AccuPay charges a small fee for certain types of credit card transactions, just like all payment processing services—but in most cases, the fees are lower than other services. In addition, these fees are deducted directly from the transaction, so we’ll never send you a monthly bill for them. And unlike some payment processors, AccuPay won’t charge you if you don’t make a transaction during a given month, and won’t set limits on the number of transactions, credit cards or dollar amounts you process.
- Payments are processed faster. AccuPay is committed to processing your payments quickly so you can get paid faster. Credit or debit payments take an average of 24 to 48 business hours to process, while e-checks are generally processed in 1 to 3 business days.
- Your business can offer more payment methods. When you switch to AccuPay, you can accept all major credit cards, as well as debit cards and ACH/e-check payments. This allows you to move beyond cash and check payments to offer your customers a broader range of options and serve them more effectively.
- You can invoice in increments. Instead of sending your customers a single invoice with the total cost of the project, you can use AccuPay to bill progressively for different stages of the job. For example, you could send an invoice for the initial deposit, a second payment, and a final payment. AccuPay even allows you to automate these invoice requests so you can save even more time.
- It’s fully integrated with QuickBooks. Job payments made through AccuPay are automatically synced to QuickBooks, eliminating the need to enter payments in multiple places. Using AccuPay to accept payments simplifies your bookkeeping and helps you save time.
- Security is strong. AccuPay is backed by WorldPay, one of the largest payment processors in the world, so you can rest assured that our payment processing is always reliable and secure. In addition, our dedicated payment specialists can answer your questions and provide support at any time.
- Our Customer Portal streamlines the payment process. Using the AccuLynx Customer Portal, a secure, self-service website that helps you connect with customers, you can streamline the payment process for both you and your customer. Customers can pay via the Customer Portal using AccuPay, and you can easily send company-branded emails, payment reminders, and other communications to make sure you get paid on time. You can also track the status of your payments through the Customer Portal and get notified when funds are ready.
How to get started with AccuPay
Setting up AccuPay
To use AccuPay, you’ll first need to be approved as a Payrix merchant. The process is easy—just fill out a simple application and provide these documents to prove your company has either been in business for at least one year or has strong financial solvency:
- Articles of Incorporation (or similar)
- 3 months of bank statements
- Financial statements such as P&L, Balance Sheet, proof of income, and tax documentation such as SS-4
Once your application has been submitted and you’ve been approved, we’ll activate the AccuPay integration and you can start requesting and accepting payments!
Integrating with QuickBooks
Next, you’ll need to make sure that your QuickBooks account is synced with AccuLynx by activating the QuickBooks integration and following the instructions to link the two accounts together. AccuLynx integrates with the desktop and web versions of QuickBooks, so you can synchronize your data with whichever QuickBooks version your company uses.
Choosing which payments to accept
If your customers only use a specific type of online payment, or you’d like to avoid the fees associated with a payment method, you can adjust which payments to accept in your AccuPay settings. Just select whether you’d like to accept credit cards and ACH, just credit cards, or just ACH, and the payment requests you send to your customers will reflect these options.
Tracking payments in the job file
If you’re wondering about the status of a specific job payment, you can easily track payments right from the AccuLynx job file. Just navigate to the Financial Worksheet section of a job file to view requested payments, accounts receivable, and more financial data about your job. You’ll also receive automatic notifications in AccuLynx when a payment is received.
The right contractor payment platform for your business
With no hidden fees, cumbersome application processes, complicated interfaces or inconvenient transaction restrictions, AccuPay stands head and shoulders above the rest of the contractor payment platforms on the market. AccuPay gives you all the tools you need to accept online payments, right from the same software you already use to manage your business. It simplifies the payment process by seamlessly integrating it with the rest of your workflow, so you can get more done. Instead of switching back and forth between applications, you can be confident that everything you need is in one place.
To learn more about AccuPay and the other tools in AccuLynx to help you serve your customers more effectively, schedule a custom demo today.