It’s essential that your roofing apps work no matter where you are. Being a competitive roofer in the digital age means relying on cloud-based data, and having the best roofing app in the palm of your hand. No matter what type of contractor you are, the AccuLynx mobile Field App can help you be faster, more organized, and more productive from anywhere.
To help you get the most out of the new Field App, we’ve compiled eight tips and tricks to help you boost your productivity when you need it most.
Field App tip #1: enter job comments with your microphone
Use the microphone button on your phone’s keyboard to rapidly enter comments on a job. You can enter longer comments as fast as you can talk—just make sure to use punctuation.
Pro tip: most phones will recognize punctuation if you speak it. For instance, saying “I love making comments in AccuLynx – exclamation point” will display “I love making comments in AccuLynx!”
Field App tip #2: upload your job documents in real-time
The best roofing apps will make your job even easier. Upload your job documents from your phone or mobile device as soon as you get them, instead of dropping a load of paperwork on someone’s desk to scan into AccuLynx or waiting until days later to do it yourself.
With the built-in scanning feature in the AccuLynx mobile Field App, you can scan multiple pages as fast as you can take a photo, convert them to a PDF, and get them to whoever needs them.
Here’s how to scan documents in the AccuLynx Field App:
- Click on the specific job where you want to add a document.
- Look for a section labeled “Documents” in the Job File Menu.
- In the upper right corner of this section, you’ll see a + symbol. Click on this symbol.
- A menu will appear with an option to “Scan Documents.” Click on this option.
- Start scanning!
Field App tip #3: use Lead Intelligence to focus on the right opportunities
AccuLynx recently introduced a new feature called Lead Intelligence, which uses artificial intelligence and third-party data to predict the likelihood of a lead converting to a sale. Lead Intelligence assigns a score, called “Lead Rank”, to each lead that comes into AccuLynx. This score provides roofing sales teams with a visual snapshot that indicates a lead’s likelihood to convert and enables them to focus on the right opportunities. By using Lead Intelligence, roofing sales teams can streamline their lead qualification process and ultimately sell more roofing jobs.
The Lead Rank indicator bar can be easily viewed on both Lead and Prospect records within the AccuLynx Field App. Speed up your lead qualification process with the best roofing app by taking advantage of this unique feature from anywhere.
Field App tip #4: easily sort and filter your leads
The best roofing apps are designed to help you keep track of all the people in your area who have the potential to make you money. You can sort your leads and prospects in your current pipeline by clicking on a milestone and then clicking “Sort by” in the upper left-hand corner to select from various options. Sorting by Last Touched will let you see which leads may have slipped through the cracks, and prompt you to get back in front of them to close the deal.
In order to make sure you’re only seeing active leads and prospects when you sort your pipeline, don’t forget to mark leads and prospects as “Dead” if they don’t work out for one reason or another. Just click the left arrow located at the top of their current milestone in the app, or click on the next step box on the website to mark them as dead. Don’t worry, you aren’t deleting their file! You are simply marking them as inactive so your screens, reports, and lists aren’t taken up with people who aren’t.
Field App tip #5: order aerial measurements on the go
You can either capture roof measurements manually or with the best roofing app, you can effortlessly order precise roof measurement reports from EagleView and GAF QuickMeasure, both of which are automatically added to your Job File.
To add a measurement for a specific job, follow these steps:
- Click on the job you would like a measurement for.
- Look for the measurements section in the Job Activity.
- On the upper right-hand side, click the plus button.
- Choose whether you want to order your measurements or manually enter them yourself.
Field App tip #6: use tasks to stay on track
Have something that needs to be done 5 days from now? Create a task in AccuLynx through the app, or on the website by going to the Job and scrolling to the bottom of the overview page. If you create a task for someone else, they’ll get notified. Tasks that are due to be completed appear in the MyDay section at the top of the screen on the website and in the Task section of the mobile app. Check it out and get organized!
Field App tip #7: stay organized with photos and photo albums
To effectively document your roofing project and stay organized, make use of the improved photo tools available in the AccuLynx Field App. Here are some ways to use these tools:
- Capture, annotate, and store unlimited job photos: Use the app to take photos of existing conditions, work in progress, and completed work. You can annotate these photos to highlight key features or issues.
- Organize photos within albums: Create albums to group photos by job, location, or phase of work. This will make it easier to find specific photos later on.
- Easily filter and search through photos: The best roofing app allows you to search for specific photos by job name, location, or date taken. You can also filter photos by album or by tags you’ve added.
- Instantly share photos or albums by email or text: Share photos or albums with customers or colleagues by email or text message. This can help keep everyone on the same page and improve communication.
- Automatically sync pictures from the Field App to your AccuLynx account: All photos taken with the app are automatically synced to your AccuLynx account. This makes it easy to share photos with other users and gives you real-time visibility into your projects.
- Keep working as photos are uploading: You can keep working within the app while multiple photos upload in the background, ensuring that you’re not slowed down by upload times.
Field App tip #8: find your way with your preferred mapping tool
If you have a preferred mapping tool, the Field App makes it easy to use that tool to navigate. In the Field App settings, you can choose between Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Waze, depending on your preferred mapping tool. (Note: You will not be able to use Apple Maps if you’re not using an Apple product).
More tips and tricks for the best roofing app
AccuLynx is the industry’s #1 software and best roofing app. Our roofing software is designed to help contractors see their business more clearly and communicate better, both in and out of the office. Want to learn more tips and tricks? You can contact our sales or customer support teams or set up a quick, custom demo today.